Accounting is an Essential Service
Yesterday, New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu issued a Stay-At-Home order for our state. As an essential business in the Financial Services category (see state list of essential businesses), we will remain open to serve our clients.
Operationally, our team is prepared, and because of our proactive investments in process, procedure and technology, we are able to continue our work collaboratively, productively and efficiently. Our offices are functioning with just the necessary staff on site to continue operations and meet your needs. Our phone lines are open, we can zoom with our clients, mail is still coming and going, and a secure drop box has been placed at each location for leaving your tax documents for preparation of your returns. Our ShareFile service is also available, providing secure online send/receive transmission of your confidential financial documents.
INDUSTRY NEWS & UPDATES:
- The IRS has extended the 2019 federal tax filing deadline from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020. Individuals are still encouraged to file their taxes as soon as possible, especially if you are expecting a refund. Taxpayers can also defer federal income tax payments due on April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020, without penalties and interest, regardless of the amount owed.
- New Hampshire has NOT extended the filing and payment deadline for Business, Interest & Dividends and Meals & Rentals. These are still due on April 15.
- Yesterday, it was announced that Maine will extend the state income tax payments deadline from April 15 to July 15 (this includes any final and estimated Maine income tax payments due April 15)
- Massachusetts just announced an agreement to extend the 2019 state individual income tax filing and payment deadline from April 15, to July 15.
- SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to Coronavirus (pdf)
We will continue to update our website with the latest information – deadlines, SBA assistance, unemployment resources and more. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook for the latest as well.
We wish you strength, fortitude and good health during these challenging times.